Baked Teriyaki Chicken - Japanese Inspired
- 1/3 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 inch ginger chopped (or 2 tsp ginger powder)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks, thighs, wings or breast
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Mix all ingredients, except the meat, in a saucepan or microwavable bowl. Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add cooled marinade to meat and marinade for 1 to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 375F until cooked through.
- Once cooked, cut into bite sized pieces and garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro.
- Serve with warm rice.
- May serve leftovers in a sandwich with some lettuce.