Beef Vegetable Stew
Great way to warm up on a cold day.
- 1 lb beef - cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs of celery
- 1 cup mushroom, diced (or stems of broccoli, diced)
- 1 to 2 tsp crushed pepper (optional)
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- ½ cup peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut all vegetables into bite sized chunks.
- Marinade beef with crushed chilli peppers, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sear beef cubes briefly in pan in oil.
- Add vegetables into pot and fry briefly.
- Add beef broth.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender but not overdone.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwich or crackers.