Chinese Style Tofu And Pork In Oyster Sauce
- 1 lb tofu, medium or firm
- 1 lb ground meat (pork, chicken or turkey)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 0.5 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups water
- 5 stalks green onion, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ to 1 hot chilli pepper - Serrano, Jalapeno, Thai etc (optional)
- cooking oil, sufficient
- ½ cup Chinese dry mushroom, rehydrated and sliced thinly (optional)
- Fry chopped onion, chilli pepper, garlic and ginger in 2 to 3 tbsp cooking oil.
- Once fragrant, add ground meat.
- Once meat is cooked, add rehydrated Chinese mushroom slices (if desired).
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water. Add to meat mixture, let boil and thicken.
- Cut tofu into 1"x1"x0.5" squares.
- Add some cooking oil to pan and pan fry each side of small tofu square until slightly brown. Remove from heat, drain oil and set aside.
- Add green onion and turn heat off.
- Serve over warm rice.
- Then add oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix. Then add 1.5 cups of water.