Chocolate Brownie Cake
A simple, rich chocolate cake with all the flavors of a brownie and the texture of a cake. Serve plain, with icing sugar, with whipped frosting or with ice-cream. **UPDATE** I have recently tried this recipe substituting 1/4 cup of the flour with cocoa powder. The rest of the recipe stayed the same. The substitution of 1/4 cup cocoa powder made the cake more intensely chocolaty. so if you are a chocolate-lover, this might be a favorable change. If on the other hand, you're not a big fan of super chocolaty deserts, then feel free to stick with the original recipe.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted in 1 tbsp butter (may use microwave)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Add eggs into mix, one at a time.
- Slowly add milk into cake mixture.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add flour to cake mix ¼ cup at a time. Mix slowly.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.