- 4 cups medium or long grain rice
- 4 cups broth (chicken, beef, pork or vegetable ) or water
- 1 to 2 Chinese sausage-sliced thinly
- ½ cup Chinese mushrooms, soaked and sliced thinly (may use white or brown mushrooms to substitute)
- ½ - 1 lb diced pork, chicken or tofu
- 1 to 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 0.5 medium onion-chopped
- 3 cloves garlic-chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-chopped
- 1/2-2 hot chili peppers, diced (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 3 stalks green onions
- 1 to 2 tbsp chili pepper flakes (optional, adjust to taste)
- 2 stalks green onion - finely chopped
- Fry chopped onion, garlic, ginger and hot chili peppers in sesame and vegetable oil until ingredients are slightly browned.
- Add Chinese sausage and fry until sausage is slightly crispy. Move sausage to side of pan.
- Add diced meat to mix, add crushed chili pepper flakes, rice wine and light soy sauces.
- Add Chinese mushrooms and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add rice and mix well with the remaining ingredients.
- Add chicken broth (or water) to mix and cover until rice has absorbed most of liquid. Cook on low to medium heat to prevent burning.
- Continue cooking uncovered until all of liquid has absorbed.
- Garnish with green onions and serve warm.
- May garnish with Chili Oil.
- **If you do not have a clay pot, you may use a cast iron pan and use aluminum foil as lid if necessary. Cast iron also makes rice crispy on bottom
- ** Using an Instant-Pot, I cooked the rice on Soup mode (high pressure) for 9 minutes after all ingredients (except garnishes) were added**