Crockpot Chicken Gumbo Soup
With a little planning ahead and help from the pantry, this soup can be a quick preparation meal.
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen okra
- 1 cup frozen carrot
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can diced, sliced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 to 4 dashes of tabasco sauce
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil
- Marinade chicken breast with oil, salt and pepper, and bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooled, cut into bite-sized cubes. Save chicken drippings for soup.
- Dice garlic, celery, onion, and green pepper.
- Fry onion and garlic in oil until slightly browned.
- Add all ingredients into crockpot.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve warm with grilled cheese sandwich or crackers.