Deluxe Chocolate Filled French Toast
Gooey warm, melted chocolate between two richly flavored slices of crispy bread makes this breakfast item one of my family's favorites.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Chocolate Spread
- Pinch of salt
- 10-12 slices of bread ( sweet bread preferable)
- Honey or maple syrup
- Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar and salt.
- Spread chocolate onto one side of each bread slice.
- Place two pieces of bread together.
- Soak bread couples into egg mix.
- Pan fry on medium heat in 1 tbsp of oil until lightly browned.
- Flip over once browned and repeat.
- Drizzle honey or maple syrup to serve.
- May serve with berries or fresh fruit.