Indian Chicken Curry
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs, with bone or boneless, according to preference
- 1 medium onion - sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 red jalapeno
- 1 green jalapeno (optional)
- 1 habanero (optional)
- 3 to 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 can sliced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- 2 to 3 oil
- Cut onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli peppers into thin slices.
- Fry above ingredients in oil until slightly brown.
- (This step is optional - Completing this step will produce more gravy, but this is an optional step. )Cool slightly and place into food processor. Grind until fine. Place back into pan and add spice mixture and stir frequently.
- Add chicken pieces. Brown on both sides.
- Add canned tomato into pan.
- Add yogurt to pan.
- Let simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve warm over rice.