Italian Inspired Creamy Sausage And Potato Soup
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chorizo sausage ( or hot italian sausage or any spicy sausage)
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup peas (frozen ok)
- 1 to 2 carrots, diced
- 1 rib of celery
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 to 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- If raw, bake sausage in oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until almost fully cooked. Save sausage drippings for soup.
- Dice all vegetables and sausage.
- Fry onion, garlic in oil until slightly browned
- Add potato and fry until a little starchy
- Add sausage and stir until slightly browned.
- Add diced carrots, celery, zucchini, peas, thyme and oregano. Add sausage drippings.
- Add chicken broth and let boil once.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 1 hr if possible for best flavor.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwich or crackers.