Lemon Shrimp With Pasta
A simple, light, lemony pasta dish complemented by the sweetness of shrimp and the spiciness of crushed peppers.
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined and rinsed with salt water)
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice (may substitute with lime, adjust according to taste)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper (according to taste)
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb cooked pasta (angel hair, spaghetti or linguine)
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al-dente.
- Fry onion and garlic in oil until slightly browned.
- Add lemon zest (optional) and crushed pepper flakes. Caution not to burn.
- Add shrimp and stir until shrimp changes to white pinkish color.
- Add lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Pour pasta over shrimp sauce and stir until well mixed. May add up to 1/2 cup of water if too dry. Taste and adjust for salt and sugar.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve warm with roasted zucchini or asparagus or your favorite veggies.