Malaysian Style - Sambal Egg
Sambal is a thick red spicy paste made of onion, garlic, ginger and red chillies. It makes a good gravy over almost anything - shrimp, fish, eggs, chicken. It is best served over rice. A typical Malaysian fare.
- 4 to 6 eggs
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 inch ginger - cut lengthwise thinly
- 5 to 15 dry chillies (depending on taste)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 lime - juiced
- Cut onions, garlic, ginger into cube size.
- Fry until slightly brown in oil.
- Add dry chillies and fry until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, remove from heat and pour into food processor and process until well minced.
- Pour back into original pan and warm thru.
- Add juice of 1 lime and 2 tsp of vinegar into sambal mixture.
- Either boil eggs or fry eggs.
- Pour sambal over eggs and serve over rice.