Paprika Lime Pork Quesadilla
This is a quick and easy meal, great for a quick lunch. It works very well if using leftover Paprika Lime Pork for the quesadilla filling. In this picture, I added leftover mash potato to please my little customers. However this recipe works just as well with only Paprika Lime Pork and cheese as filling.
Paprika Lime Pork
- 5 pork chops (or about 2 to 3 lbs of pork chops)
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder (may substitute with hot chili powder if preferred)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 5 uncooked quesadilla
- 2 cups cheese, shredded (mozarella, pepperjack recommended)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle half of dry ingredients on each side of meat.
- Distribute oil over over top of powders placed on top of pork to prevent burning. May use oil spray if more convenient.
- Grease baking pan before placing thawed porkchops.
- Sprinkle juice of 1 lime over meat. Save juice of the other lime to add after meat is cooked.
- Place meat in preheated 375F oven until meat is cooked to desired tenderness. Slice meat into bite size pieces.
- Brown uncooked quesadilla in pan with 1 tsp of oil. Once one side is brown, flip over.
- Place shredded cheese on browned side, while the other side of quesadilla is being browned.
- Add sliced meat over shredded cheese, and half the quesadilla to cover the meat and cheese filling.
- Flip quesadilla over to brown the other side. Serve warm.