Peanut Butter Cookies
A chewy peanut butter cookie, with an attempt towards healthy with whole wheat flour. Great for a snack or as a dessert. The addition of walnuts adds an extra layer of flavor to the cookie.
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup walnuts (chopped, may substitute with peanuts if walnuts unavailable)
- Mix together butter and peanut butter.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flours and salt in separate bowl. Add to egg mixture and mix until well blended.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven of 350F for 10-13 minutes.
- Mix baking powder in 1 tsp of warm water. Add into egg mixture and mix well.
- Add mixed nuts and stir well.