Porkrib Claypot Rice
- 2 cups medium or long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 chinese sausage-sliced thinly
- ½ cup chinese mushrooms, soaked and sliced thinly
- ½ 1 lb pork rib
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 stalks green onions
- 1 2 tbsp chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 0.5 medium onion-chopped
- 3 cloves garlic-chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 stalks green onion - finely chopped
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger in sesame and vegetable oil until ingredients are slightly browned.
- Add chinese sausage and fry until sausage is slightly crispy. Move sausage to side of pan.
- Add chilli pepper flakes to mix.
- Add pork ribs to mix, add pepper and light and dark soy sauces.
- Add chinese mushrooms.
- Add rice and mix well with the remaining ingredients.
- Add chicken broth to mix and cover until rice has absorbed most of liquid. Cook on low to medium heat to prevent burning.
- Continue cooking uncovered until all of liquid has absorbed.
- Garnish with green onions and serve warm.
- **If you do not have a claypot, you may use a cast iron pan and use aluminum foil as lid if necessary. Cast iron also makes rice crispy on bottom