Roasted Greek Lemon Potatoes
This recipe is based on the Greek lemon potatoes recipe but with a little bit of spiciness to it.. Makes a great side.
- 3 - 4 yellow or red potatoes - cut into wedges or thin slices
- 2 lemons - juiced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 medium onion
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 - 4 tsp crushed pepper
- ¼ tsp salt (adjust according to taste)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (for yellow color, optional)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Mix all ingredients in baking pan.
- Let marinade for 1-2 hours, up to overnight if possible.
- Bake covered at top rack of oven for 45 minutes at 375F.
- Then remove cover, stir, and bake for another 15-20 minutes at 375F. Bake until desired tenderness.
- Serve warm as a side to any meat (i.e. spiced pork chops or jamaican jerk)