Roasted Salsa Verde
Roasting the vegetables gives this salsa a nice smokey flavor. Feel free to cut back on the jalapeno peppers if needed. Give it a try!
- 2 tomatillo, cut into quarters
- 1 to 4 jalapeno peppers, adjust according to taste
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- pepper to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ lime, juiced
- Season tomatillo, jalapeno pepper, onion and garlic with oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
- Place in food processor.
- Add fresh cilantro and cumin powder.
- Add lime juice.
- Pulse until texture is still slightly chunky.