A different way to serve sausages with bread from the traditional hot dog. Perfect when you have more people to feed than number of sausages on hand.
- 2 sausages (chorizo or hot italian recommended)
- 2 slices of cheese (mozarella or pepperjack recommended)
- 4-6 buns
- 2-3 leaves of lettuce
- 1/2 sweet onion (sliced into rings)
- 4 slices of tomatoes
- mayonaise or mustard
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Bake or pan fry sausages until cooked.
- Cut sausages up into rounds.
- Re-place cut sausages into pan or oven pan and add sliced onion rings. Let onion cook for a few minutes. Add barbecue sauce.
- Toast bread slices, spread mayonaise or mustard.
- Add sausage and onion mix on toasted bread.
- Top with cheese, tomato and lettuce. If feeling spicy, add some jalapeno or serrano chilli slices. Enjoy!