Shrimp Tacos - Mexican Inspired
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined and rinsed with salt water)
- 2 Green pepper-cut into strips
- 2 Red peppers - cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 fresh tomato - diced or 1/2 can diced tomato
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- salt to taste
- shredded cheese (any type, preferably pepperjack)
- Sweet onion (diced)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Homemade salsa (see salsa recipe)
- Tomato (diced)
- Lettuce (shredded)
- sour cream or yogurt
- Roasted Tomatillo salsa (see recipe)
- Season shrimp with 1 tsp of cumin, garlic, and paprika powders. .
- Fry onion, garlic, and jalapeno peppers in cooking oil,
- Add tomatoes and fry until slightly saucy. Add shrimp to tomato sauce
- Add green pepper and red peppers.
- Add salt to taste. Remove from heat soon after, while peppers are still crunchy.
- Spoon over warmed tortilla.
- Add toppings as desired.