Spicy Sriracha Baked Chicken
This chicken recipe is a quick make ahead weeknight meal.. Here I use Sriracha sauce as part of the marinade to spice things up.
- 2 lbs chicken, your favorite part
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce, adjust according to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce to substitute if needed)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ medium onion, ringed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Mix together all ingredients except meat, onion and lime juice. Use 1/2 of lime juice for marinade, save the other half for after cooking.
- Place meat in greased baking pan, then pour marinade over chicken.
- Place ringed onions over chicken and marinade covered in refrigerator for up to 1 hour if possible. Ok if no marinade time.
- Place in preheated 375F oven until meat is cooked to desired level.
- Once cooked, sprinkle remainder of lime juice over chicken before serving.
- Serve with cilantro or chopped green onion as garnish, beside steamed rice or potatoes.