Spicy Sweet Red Pepper Spread
With oven roasted sweet peppers, zucchini and leeks, this recipe makes a sweet and optionally spicy dip for pita or nacho chips, or a flavorful spread for sandwiches, tortilla wraps or quesadillas. Great for a picnic, a quick lunch or an appetizer.
- 2 sweet red peppers, cut into 2x1 inch strips
- 2 small zucchini (sliced thinly length wise)
- ½ leek, cut into 2x1 inch strips (may substitute with 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 to 2 hot pepper, optional, adjust according to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- oil spray
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- Place cut vegetables in a single layer in a greased pan.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper over vegetables.
- Spray a thin layer of oil over vegetables.
- Oven roast vegetables at 400F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly.
- Place cooked vegetables into food processor and grind until desired consistency. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warmed pita bread, nachos or as part of a sandwich.