Sweet Honey Biscuits
Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. These go great with fresh berries on a warm summer's day.
- ½ cup butter, unsalted, cold
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Dice cold butter and mix until the consistency of coarse crumbs. This can be done by hand, with a pastry knife or pulsing in the food processor.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of honey into mixture.
- Add cold milk and mix until dough is just moist. This can be done by hand, or by pulsing in the food processor.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spoon dough balls onto greased pan. (Alternatively, if using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, roll dough into 2 logs and cut into 2 cm wide rounds.)
- Mix together the melted butter and honey for the glaze. Brush over biscuit dough.
- Bake biscuits in preheated 375F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once biscuits are ready, remove from oven and brush biscuits with remaining glaze.
- These biscuits are best served warm with fresh berries.