Chicken Pot Pie - Homemade
A perfect comfort food full of flavor from a medley of vegetables, chicken breast and a crispy crust.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup celery - diced
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup onion - diced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 to 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Mix flour with salt.
- Cut cold butter into flour until crumbly - the smallest piece about the size of a pea.
- Add cold water slowly until dough just comes together.
- Roll out dough to desired size, thickness and shape.
- Season chicken with vegetable oil, salt and pepper
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until cooked but tender.
- Once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cut celery, potato, onions and carrots into bite sized pieces.
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Fry onions in oil until slightly browned.
- Add celery, potatoes, carrots and stir.
- Add peas, and flour.
- Add chicken broth in slowly and wisk to prevent lumping.
- Let simmer for few minutes to thicken gravy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste for flavor.
- Add cooked chicken and mix well.
- Place filling into pan.
- Cover with crust. May brush crust with egg if desired to brown crust
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is brown.