Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup mushrooms - sliced into small pieces (preferably crimini mushrooms)
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 2 cups 2% milk or half & half
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat butter and oil in pan.
- Add onion and garlic and fry until slightly browned.
- Add sliced mushroom and fry until mushroom is soft.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add flour and stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Add half and half slowly, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Turn heat off when thick consistency is achieved.