Pasta And Ground Beef Stir Fry
A Chinese and Italian fusion to create a quick and nutritious blend of pasta, meat and vegetables perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 1 lb ground beef (may use ground pork, chicken or turkey)
- 1 lb pasta (i.e. shell pasta, penne or macaroni)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 stalks green onion
- 1-3 tsp crushed pepper flakes or chilli paste (optional)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ cup green peppers
- ½ cup red peppers
- ½ cup mushrooms - sliced into small pieces (preferably crimini mushrooms)
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Boil pasta until al-dente. Once cooked, rinse with cold water to remove excess starch.
- Dice all vegetables.
- Fry onion and garlic in oil until slightly browned.
- Add crushed pepper flakes (or chilli paste).
- Add mushrooms.
- Add ground meat and fry until cooked through.
- Add drained and rinsed pasta.
- Add all remaining diced vegetables, stir until all are mixed well.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- Serve warm with cilantro as garnish if desired.