Pineapple Lassi Or Smoothie
With the warm weather upon us, these come in handy to keep cool. I use it as an after-school snack, but could also be used as a dessert. I omitted the ginger usually used in a lassi, since that is my family's preference. I also use frozen pineapple chunks, so I can omit the ice, which helps concentrate the flavor. Enjoy!
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 100 to 150 mls simple syrup, adjust according to taste (see recipe below)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- Blend all lassi ingredients (except simple syrup) in ice-crushing blender until desired consistency.
- Add simple syrup according to desired sweetness.
- Melt sugar in water. Stir well before use.