Breakfast French Toast Casserole
A great make-ahead breakfast idea.
- 3 to 4 cups bread (diced)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (for topping)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (for topping)
- ¼ cup nuts (walnut or pecan) (for topping)
- Grease square pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Place diced bread in pan.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and stir until all of bread is covered by egg mixture.
- Dot bread with butter.
- Mix all ingredients for streusel nut topping and top over bread.
- Using knife, make swirls through streusel nut topping.
- Let sit in refrigerator overnight or at least 10 minutes so that bread soaks in egg mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- May serve with maple syrup if desired.