A perfect blend of spices to make a great side for chilli
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers - diced (optional)
- 1/3 cup onion-diced
- ½ cup pepperjack cheese-shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix eggs, milk and oil.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients until just blended.
- Add cheese, jalapeno, onions, canned corn and mix well.
- Pour into greased 8x8 pan and bake for 40 minutes or until center is no longer wet.
- May serve with chilli.