Chicken Pot Pie - Quick Meal
A perfect comfort food full of flavor from a medley of vegetables, chicken breast and a crispy crust.
- 2 chicken breasts (may substitute with store bought rotisserie chicken, shredded)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- Frozen prepared pie crust
- Season chicken with vegetable oil, salt and pepper. (Alternatively, for convenience, may use store bought shredded rotisserie chicken for this recipe, and skip chicken breast cooking steps (steps 1-3).)
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until cooked but tender.
- Once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Fry onions in oil until slightly browned.
- Add celery, peas and carrots and stir.
- Add cream of mushroom soup.
- Let simmer for few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste for flavor.
- Add cooked chicken and mix well.
- Place filling into baking pan.
- Cover with crust. May brush crust with egg if desired to brown crust
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is brown.