Jamaican Jerk Lamb
This recipe is a variation of the Jerk Chicken, using most of the spices in dry form, to hopefully reduce preparation time. With some planning ahead for marinading, this dish could make a great weeknight meal!
- 1 lb lamb chops
- 2 tbsp onion, powder or other dry form
- 1 tbsp garlic, powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- ½ to 3 habanero or scotch bonnet peppers (adjust to taste, de-seed if necessary; may substitute with jalapeno peppers if desired)
- 3 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp clove or allspice powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Low Sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 4 medium potatoes (sliced thinly or scalloped)
- 0.5 medium onion, cut into rings
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Add oil, lemon juice and soy sauce to make a marinade paste.
- Optional step: Line lightly greased baking pan with scalloped potatoes and ringed onion.
- Place thawed meat over potatoes and onion, and spread marinade onto both sides of meat. Let marinade in fridge for 1 to 8 hours.
- Bake at 375F preheated oven until meat is cooked to desired level.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve meat and potatoes over a bed of warm steamed rice.