Jamaican Jerk Lamb
This recipe is a variation of the Jerk Chicken, using most of the spices in dry form, hopefully reducing preparation time. This dish could make a great weeknight meal!
- 1 lb lamb chops, or any other meat
- 2 tbsp onion, powder or other dry form
- 1 tbsp garlic, powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ to 3 habanero or scotch bonnet peppers (adjust to taste, de-seed if necessary)
- 3 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (may substitute with 2 tsp white vinegar if needed)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Low Sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced thinly or scalloped
- 2-3 carrots, sliced thinly
- ½ medium onion, cut into rings
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Add oil, lemon juice and soy sauce to make a marinade paste. Taste marinade for salt before use.
- Optional step: Line lightly greased baking pan with scalloped potatoes and carrots.
- Place thawed meat over potatoes and carrots, and spread marinade onto both sides of meat.
- Place ringed onion on top of marinaded meat. Let marinade in fridge for 1 hour, if possible.
- Bake at 375F preheated oven until meat is cooked to desired level.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve meat and potatoes over a bed of warm steamed rice.