Baked Spicy Sichuan Lamb Chops
This is a variation of the Hot and Spicy Lamb stir-fried with Sichuan Chilli Oil that I so love in my favorite Sichuan restaurant. Baking the lamb chops whole cuts down on preparation time to make it perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 2 lbs lamb chops
- ½ inch ginger, sliced thinly (or substitute with 1 tsp ginger powder)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 to 4 tsp SIchuan Chilli Oil, adjust according to taste
- handful of cilantro for garnishing
- Marinade lamb chops with salt, Sichuan chilli oil, ginger (or ginger powder), onion and garlic powder for 1 to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven until chops are cooked to desired tenderness.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with warm steamed rice (or for a change, Roasted Lemon Potatoes, or both).