Hot Chutney Lamb
The chicken version of this recipe was given to me by my mom, and it's one of my favorite and easy recipes. It tastes even richer with lamb. Still great for a weeknight meal.
- 4 to 6 lamb chops
- ½ cup mayonaise
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain yogurt to substitute)
- 2 to 3 tbsp chutney (hot)
- 2 tsp curry powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 0.5 inch ginger, sliced thinly (may use 1/2 tsp ginger powder instead if preferred)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix all ingredients with lamb, including ginger (or ginger powder). Marinade for 1 to 8 hours in fridge.
- Place thinly sliced potatoes and onion rings at bottom of 9x13 pan, underneath meat, to soak up al flavors of marinade.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes and turn over for another 20 minutes or longer, if not fully cooked. May need to remove meat once cooked, before continuing to completely cooking potatoes, in order to prevent meat from getting tough.
- Garnish with green onions or cilantro if desired. Serve with warm rice.