Curry Mash Potatoes
This recipe adds curry to mash potatoes. It makes a great side to any meat dish. Go ahead, give it a try!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 0.5 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder (adjust according to taste)
- 4 medium potatoes
- ¼ cup mayonaise
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stalk green onion - chopped finely
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- Boil peeled potatoes until they feel tender to a fork and feels easily mashable.
- Fry in oil chopped onion and garlic until lightly brown.
- Once potatoes are tender, mash with fork. Add fried onion mixture, sugar and mayonaise to the potatoes.
- Add chopped green onion and milk to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with cilantro as garnish if preferred.
- Add diced tomatoes and fry until tomatoes get saucy. Remove from heat. Add curry powder.