Scalloped Creamy Potato Bake
- 4-5 medium sized yellow or red potatoes - cut into thin slices
- ½ to 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced - crimini mushrooms preferable)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter, diced
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes or powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese, optional
- parsley for garnish
- paprika for garnish, optional
- Mix sliced potatoes with salt, pepper and flour.
- Place one layer of potato mixture into greased baking pan.
- Add half of sliced mushroom over top of potato.
- Add another layer of sliced potatoes.
- Add remaining sliced mushrooms over top.
- Pour milk over top of layers.
- Spread shredded cheese, if desired.
- Bake covered for 1 hour at 375F.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley if preferred.
- Serve warm as a side to any meat dish. Best if meat dish is spicy; creamy potatoes helps cool down the palate.