Shrimp Fried Rice With Sichuan Hot Chili
This recipe combines Sichuan hot chili oil with shrimp fried rice. A great way to use day old rice for a quick lunch. Feel free to substitute shrimp for any meat.
- 4 to 5 cups day old rice
- 1 handful of shrimps, peeled
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 stalks green onions, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 handful cilantro (for garnish)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 to 3 tsp Sichuan hot chilli (optional, adjust according to taste, see recipe if needed)
- salt, to taste
- peanuts (for garnish, optional)
- Fry chopped onions and garlic in oil until fragrant.
- Add shrimps. Once cooked, flip over. Remove shrimps from heat once cooked.
- Add diced carrots and cook for a minute. Add about 1/2 teaspoon salt and Sichuan hot chilli.
- Add day old rice and allow to heat thoroughly. Stir well.
- Taste rice for salt, and adjust to taste.
- Add cooked shrimp and stir to mix.
- Enjoy with cilantro and peanuts as garnish.