Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
These big blueberry muffins are a hit in my house with cinnamon balancing the flavors of blueberries. Great for breakfast or a warm afternoon snack or even as a dessert as it is in my house.
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together milk, eggs and oil.
- Add wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredient mixture and mix until well-blended.
- Gently mix in blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients for streusel topping. Cut butter into dry ingredients using two knives or a pastry cutter.
- Fill greased muffin cups to the top and top with streusel mix.
- Bake in 400F preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- May freeze once cooled if desired