Thai Tea Frappucino
With warm weather coming on, what better way to cool down than with a cold icy drink? I have always loved Thai Tea with a teaspoon or two of condensed milk to make for sweet treat. Here I have added ice and ice-cream (instead of condensed milk) to make it a luxurious sweet drink perfect for a warm day. UPDATE: I added an extra 1/2 cup ice cubes to the recipe below to make for a more "blended" drink.
- 2 cups Thai Tea (made according to package instructions and COOLED)
- 1 tbsp Thai Tea leaves
- 1- 1.5 cup ice cubes (HInt: larger ice cubes make for a better blended drink)
- 2 cups ice-cream (vanilla flavored, or any flavor that would complement Thai Tea)
- Add COOLED Thai Tea into ice-crushing blender.
- Add ice cubes and Thai Tea leaves to blender.
- Mix until ice is completely crushed.
- Add ice-cream to blender and continue mixing until well-blended.
- Pour into cups, add a straw and ENJOY!
- Variation: Add boiled pearl bubbles (cook according to package instructions) to the cup before adding the slushed Tea into the cup to make Bubble Tea.