Beef Bone Broth
Beef Bone Broth is my favorite soup base. It has so many layers of complex flavors, and with a pressure cooker, a breeze to make as well!
- 2-3 lbs beef shank bones
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 inch ginger, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 cups water
- Fry diced onion, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and salt in 1 tbsp oil in pressure cooker on Saute mode.
- Once fragrant, add bones and brown each side.
- Add pepper and water.
- Pressure cook on high on Soup mode for 90-100 minutes.
- Once cooked and cooled, chill broth in refrigerator overnight and remove excess fat.
- Use as part of any soup your heart desires.