Sweet Potato Golden Nuggets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup rice flour (best if can use rice flour, may use all purpose flour to substitute if necessary)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1- 1..5 lbs sweet potato (cut into chunks)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Boil peeled and sliced sweet potatoes in pan until tender enough to mash easily. Add a pinch of salt into boiling water before bringing to boil.
- Discard excess boiling water once sweet potatoes are tender.
- Mash sweet potatoes with butter and sugar. Add cinnamon powder. May taste mixture at this point, and adjust sugar to taste.
- Add flour and rice flour and mix well.
- Heat oil in separate pan.
- When oil is warm (bubbly when wooden chopstick inserted) scoop about 1 dessert spoonful of dough into oil.
- Remove when golden brown and consume immediately, warm.