A tasty spiced beef taco filling with lots of fresh topping ideas.
- 1 lb ground beef, thawed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cayenne or chilli powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Taco shells, soft or hard
- Shredded cheese (any type, preferably pepperjack)
- Homemade salsa (see salsa recipe)
- Tomato (diced)
- Sweet onion (diced)
- Lettuce (shredded)
- sour cream or yogurt
- Roasted Tomatillo salsa (see recipe)
- Season meat with chilli powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Fry in oil diced onion and garlic until slightly browned.
- Add meat and fry until well done.
- Serve with topping ideas in warmed soft or hard tacos.