Noodles With Korean Gochujang And Meat Topping
This is a variation of the Malaysian Dry Wonton Noodles. It uses Gochujang as a main ingredient of the noodle sauce. I found it to have several layers of flavors. Try it!
- 1 lb fresh noodles (thin or thick wonton noodles, thick shanghai noodles or cooked spaghetti)
- lettuce, cilantro
- 1 lb Ground Meat (chicken, pork, lamb)
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- ½ inch garlic, chopped
- ½ cup mushroom, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp Gochujang, or Korean chili paste
- Boil noodles until al dente and warm. Drain well.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl for sauce. Mix noodles into sauce, and stir well.
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger in oil.
- Add ground meat and cook until well done.
- Add sliced mushroom when meat is mostly cooked, cook until tender.
- Add green onions just before turning off heat.
- Serve meat over noodles. Garnish with sliced lettuce, cilantro or any of your favorite greens.