Spicy Beef Stroganoff With A Twist
A thick and rich gravy of beef and mushroom over buttery noodles - A classic Russian dish with a twist. Here I add some tomato along with crushed chilli peppers.
- 1 lb beef - cubed into ½ inch pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed pepper (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup sour cream or yogurt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth or milk
- ¾ cup Mushrooms (sliced - crimini mushrooms preferable)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Season beef with all of the above dry ingredients.
- Fry onion and garlic in butter until slightly browned
- Add seasoned beef and fry until cooked.
- Add sliced mushrooms and tomato, and fry until mushrooms are limp.
- Add milk and let simmer until gravy thicken slightly.
- Add nutmeg powder.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add parsley and salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
- May garnish with crushed peppers and parsley if desired.