Crockpot Beef Vegetable Stew
Great for a weeknight meal with a little planning.
- 1 lb beef (cubed)
- ½ onion
- 2 to 3 cups beef broth or water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 to 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup mushroom
- 2 ribs of celery
- ½ cup peas
- 1 to 2 tsp crushed pepper (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Dice all vegetables.
- Season beef cube with salt, pepper, crushed pepper and garlic.
- Brown seasoned beef cube in pan with 1-2 tbsp of oil. Place browned beef cube into crockpot, adding broth or water to bottom of pan. Boil until everything on bottom of pan loosens, and save liquid to be added to crockpot.
- Add diced vegetables, browned beef, pan liquid and remaining broth/water into crockpot.
- Cook on high for 5 hrs or low for 8 to 10 hours.
- After cooking is over, add salt to taste.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwich.