Fresh Vinegar Chilli - Malaysian Inspired
This side is an abbreviated version of the typical vinegar chilli that I used to have in my childhood. It's quick, a little sour and spicy, perfect to spice any noodle dish up.
- 4 to 6 green or red hot chillies (i.e. serrano)
- 1 tsp fish sauce (or soy sauce to substitute if needed)
- ½ to 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Slice chillies into 1/2 cm rounds.
- Add vinegar, sufficient to cover the chillies.
- Add fish sauce and cooking oil (cooking oil keeps chillies crispy).
- Let stand for 1 to 8 hours. Serve as a side to any dish. May store, refrigerated for up to 2 days.