One of my Mom's awesome fusion recipe ideas. Here Malaysia's flat bread, roti canai, (also known as roti paratha), becomes rich and even more flavorful with the addition of cheese and chopped chilli peppers. Great for an afternoon snack, or a quick lunch. Thanks Mom!
- 5 uncooked roti paratha or roti canai (storebought or homemade)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (mozarella, pepperjack recommended)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 to 2 chilli peppers , optional (jalapeno or serrano preferred)
- Heat a thin layer of oil in frying pan. Add roti when oil is warmed.
- Cook one side of roti until golden brown, then flip roti. Add shredded cheese immediately to half of the browned side.
- Once cheese begins to melt, add chopped chili peppers to the top of cheese.
- Half the roti once the bottom is golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve warm.