Spicy Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
My family loved this recipe when I made it for them. A little spicy, a little sweet and a little sour. Marinade and bake, perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 2 lbs chicken drumstick, thighs, wings or breast
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (or serrano if preferred more heat)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks or rings (fresh, frozen or canned)
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a marinading bowl.
- Add all ingredients (except meat) into butter/brown sugar mix. Stir well.
- Pour over chicken and marinade in fridge for 1 to 8 hours.
- Bake in a single layer at 375F until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro or green onions. Serve warm with steamed rice.