Spicy Sriracha Pasta Sausage Stirfry
This Italian Asian fusion recipe combines pasta and sausage with Chinese ingredients such as soy and Sriracha sauces. It was a hit with my family, and ready in a pinch!
- 1 lb dry bite-sized pasta (ie. shells, macaroni, rotini)
- 1 lb sausage ( your favorite variety, smoked)
- 2-3 cups broccoli (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 medium tomato, wedged
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce ( adjust to taste)
- Boil pasta until al dente. Remove from heat, rinse in cold water and drain. (To prevent sticky pasta, add 1 teaspoon oil into boiling water before adding pasta to cook)
- Bake or boil sausage. If using salty sausage, boil sausage. Once cooked, cut sausage into bite-sized slices.
- Fry chopped onion and garlic in oil until fragrant.
- Add tomato wedges into pan and stir.
- Add Sriracha and soy sauces to mix.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and mix. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Once pasta is warmed, add bite sized vegetables underneath pasta.
- Allow to heat slightly, then mix pasta with vegetables.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve warm with cilantro or green onion as garnish if desired.