Moist meatballs topped with a mushroom gravy served over a plate of buttery noodles.
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 tsp allspice powder (may substitute with nutmeg)
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ½ 0.75 cup mushroom - sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup beef broth
- 0.25 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp allspice powder (may use nutmeg to substitute)
- ¼ cup sour cream or yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all above ingredients until well mixed.
- Shape into 1" diameter balls
- Cook in pan until browned on all sides and middle is no longer pink
- May freeze some at this point if desired.
- Keep meatballs in oven to keep warm.
- Fry onion and garlic in oil and butter until slightly browned.
- Add sliced mushrooms and fry until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add allspice powder and flour and stir until flour incorporated with rest of ingredients.
- Slowly add beef broth and whisk while adding to prevent lumps.
- Add milk and let simmer until gravy thickens.
- Add sour cream and whisk to stir in.
- Add parsley and salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve gravy over cooked egg noodles and meatballs.
- May garnish with crushed peppers if desired.