Indian Inspired Easy Vindaloo Curry
A tangy and spicy curry made with readily available curry powder, with potatoes to thicken the curry and absorb all the flavors.
- 2 lbs meat, with or without bones, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 to 4 tbsp curry powder (adjust according to taste)
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- 9 cloves garlic, chopped
- 0.5 medium onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 0.5 medium onion, sliced to be added into curry near the end of simmering
- Fry until fragrant, in a deep pan, chopped onions, garlic and ginger in about 3 tbsp of oil.
- Add cut up meat into pan and brown slightly.
- Add curry powder to meat, and stir constantly to prevent burning. Reduce heat. Add potatoes.
- Once well mixed, add 1/3 cup water, vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper and soy sauce.
- Allow to simmer until meat is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot with warm steam rice or warm flatbread.
- Add sliced onion in the end just before turning off heat. Sliced onions should not be fully cooked.